If you are wondering about the fit of your Balance Harness now that you have made your adjustments, we have some helpful tips to provide you to confirm if you have the best fit for your pup.
See photo below: Our Balance Harness is designed to sit more like a necklace along the front chest to not hinder the trachea or interfere with the gate when walking. The Balance Harness neck strap should always sit much lower on the neck than a collar would.
Please review the following tips:
- If you ever need to adjust the neck loop to be slightly larger/looser, you can do so to allow the entire harness to shift back on the dog. After loosening the strap you can then shift the entire harness further back on the chest, away from the front armpit area.
- You should notice the underbelly strap has some slack to allow for ease of movement when your pup looks upward. The girth strap should sit at least 2 inches back from each armpit to prevent chafing.
- If the entire harness is shifting forward when your pup looks upwards, then loosen the underbelly strap to allow for additional freedom of motion.
- Since our harness is made of high-grade nylon the straps can start a bit stiff until worn in, which doesn’t take long.
- When you walk with your pup, the harness may shift to one side, but that is as designed. If your pup seems comfortable and the harness is not hindering, you should be good.
Be sure and check out our Multi-Function Leash that allows you to attach to both the front and back rings as needed.
There is a great video compilation on our Blue-9 YouTube Channel you can check out to learn a bit more about our Balance Harness and our Multi-Function Leash.
Still need assistance? Check-in with our helpful support team at Contact Customer Service.