We believe every dog should wear a Balance Harness, that's why we have multiple sizes available.
If you have measured your dog around the widest part of the rib cage and compared it to our Sizing Chart, review the information below to make the most informed decision.
Is your dog under the age of 2 and still growing/ filling out?
- Choose the larger size to allow your dog to grow into it.
If your dog is completely grown, determine which option would give you the most room for adjustment.
As an example, if your dog measures 24 inches around the rib cage (girth), what is the best choice:
- A size Small allows you to expand 1.5 inches greater than your dogs current girth measurement.
- A size Medium allows you to tighten 3 inches below your dog's current girth measurement.
- A size Medium/Large allows zero room to tighten below your dog's current girth measurement.
In this case #2 is the best choice to allow for the proper harness fit.
Still struggling to decide between the Medium and Medium/Large?
- We typically recommend the Medium/Large for dogs 40 Ibs and over and if close to the appropriate girth size. The wider webbing is more comfortable for strong pullers as it disperses the weight more evenly.
Don't forget to check out our Multi-Function Leash that pairs well with our Balance Harness!